Big Tits of Metal

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/13/2015 10:19 pm  #1

Byzantine - To Release Is To Resolve

If the old saying, “If at first you don’t succeed…. try, try again” was ever in doubt, it has never been proven more true than with West Virginia’s heavy metal act Byzantine. In 2007, the band fulfilled their 3-album deal with Prosthetic Records, disbanding the DAY AFTER “Oblivion Beckons” was released. This career move stopped any momentum dead in its tracks. 5 years later, they reformed to release their “Self Titled” 4th album on their own indie label (WV Snakepit) and were welcomed back with multiple album of the year nods and critical acclaim from most of the underground metal sites.
Now, 14 years after their inception, Byzantine looks to push their underground cult status even further. Their 5th album, “To Release is To Resolve” is set for a March 3rd release. Looking to expand their fan base, Byzantine has signed with Tone Deaf Touring to reach markets never before tapped. Front man, Chris Ojeda says, “We are extremely happy to be involved with Tone Deaf. We have operated since 2005 without a booking agency and it has hindered us severely. In our whole time as a band we still have never played the West Coast, Texas and have only played 2 countries outside the US. We hope to make Tone Deaf proud and play to many unsuspecting crowds.”

Not to far away. First big release of the year for me.

1/13/2015 10:55 pm  #2

Re: Byzantine - To Release Is To Resolve

someone who heard some early demos told me this album has alot of singing on it, which is fine with me cant expect the old albums over and over

1/14/2015 10:44 am  #3

110% of their crowdfund goal

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/byzantine

2/02/2015 1:35 pm  #4

new song, not judging the album by this but i think this song is pretty run of the mill

https://soundcloud.com/byzantinewv/a-curious-lot-1/s-jT4zH

2/02/2015 8:14 pm  #5

im digging it. pretty catchy.

2/04/2015 12:49 pm  #6

i was going to pre order but im not paying $15+ shipping for a cd. ill buy one next time i catchem live

3/06/2015 6:29 pm  #7

3/06/2015 8:05 pm  #8

this is better than the other one. i like the slow tempo change halfway through

3/13/2015 7:00 pm  #9

3/13/2015 7:31 pm  #10

i remember that from when they announced the new album

Board footera